Friday, July 30, 2010

Struggling to Get it Right!

I would love to start this blog telling you that I eat right everyday and always think of the effect of what I eat. I am about 5'9" and weight 180, so odviously that is not the case. I am down 50 pounds from my heaviest and I made very minor changes to come that far. I eat more salsa now, much less fast food, and struggle greatly with adding water. I know that the water is key, yet soda calls my name! Today I had to be out of town so I am just going to call today a failed food day. I had a pasta dish, and while it was very good I know it was a no-no. Yesterday I had a grilled chicken breast with steamed veggies made at home so I don't feel so badly about it.

I saw a really interesting news piece last night on the news. It cited a study showing that people who struggle with weight and eating issues have different bacteria in their GI tract. I have said that for years but nobody I talked to seemed to agree. I also haven't done what I know I should to confirm my theory. Maybe now is the time.

Everyone who has any issue, nutrition, smoking or drinking is just wrote off as a weak willed person or someone with emotional issues. And that is usually from people in professions that are suppose to be helping you!!!!!!! Brilliant I tell ya.

Anyway, I will shoot for a better food day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment